So you created a paper wallet and now you need to transfer XRP from a paper wallet to another wallet or exchange.
Here’s how you do it in 6 easy steps.
To transfer XRP from a paper wallet to another wallet address you need to generate a transaction and sign the transaction with your private key. We will use Gatehub for this process, as it makes the process of importing your paper wallet much simpler.
We will be using the GateHub site for the transfer process. It is recommended that you have a Ledger Nano hardware wallet or another hardware wallet before beginning this process. I do not recommend leaving your cryptocurrency on any exchange or online wallet for security purposes.
Transfer XRP From a Paper Wallet to GateHub
- Create an account on GateHub and store your recovery key somewhere safe. This is important in case you forget your Gatehub account password during this process.
- Once signed in to your Gatehub account, you will need to verify your identity. You will need to upload photos of your ID and proof of residency document. This is required as per the KYC guidelines.
- After getting verified, you will be able to begin the process of importing your paper wallet. Begin by clicking the “Wallet” tab on the left sidebar.
- Now click “New Wallet” (+ icon to your upper left).
- Select “Import”.
- Type in your GateHub password if prompted and then insert your paper wallet secret key. Normally you would not want to share your secret key on any website. Because you will be moving your XRP off of this wallet quickly after, it is fine.
Once you’re done importing your XRP paper wallet into GateHub, you can transfer your XRP to a crypto exchange, hardware wallet, or other offline wallet.
If you need further help navigating GateHub or following theses steps, watch this walkthrough video.
Transferring XRP from GateHub to an Exchange or Another Wallet
Much like how you initially stored your XRP in a paper wallet, you can send to another wallet address.
- Open GateHub and click “Wallet” in the left sidebar.
- Select your XRP wallet.
- Click the “Send Payment” button from the top-right of the header to show a list of options.
- Select “Wallet” if you wish to send your xrp to another exchange or crypto wallet.
- Enter the address you wish to send your XRP to in the “To Address” field. (Most exchanges and crypto wallets will allow you to generate a new XRP wallet address for this step.)
- Enter “0” – without quotes in the “Destination Tag” field, unless a destination tag is supplied.
- Enter the amount you’re sending in the “Amount” field.
- Note: You must send at least 20 XRP – the reserve fee.
- In addition, you must also leave 20 XRP in the account you’re sending from.
Storing XRP on a Ledger Nano S
If you have a Ledger Nano S, view my guide on Storing XRP on a Ledger Nano S Wallet. In this guide I show you how to do it step-by-step.
In this article, you learned how to transfer XRP from a paper wallet onto GateHub in 6 easy steps. By using GateHub, you’re able to send your XRP to another wallet or exchange.
My question to you is have you ever used a paper wallet?
If you liked this article, please share it with your friends and consider leaving a tip if this article helped you out at all.